Green & Gold Bowl
"Celebrating 130 years wouldn't be the same without a nod to our national colours and our Aussie sports heroes! Food is fuel and this green and gold bonanza is a great way to charge up for the day. Add your fave toppings as you like."
By Hayden Quinn
AUSSIE GREEN & GOLD BOWL
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 200g halloumi, sliced into wedges
- 2 cups kale leaves, stem removed and roughly torn
- ½ small avocado, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- ½ lemon, sliced into wedges, to serve
- 1 cup UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 20g salted butter
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
Fill a medium saucepan with water and place over high heat. Once boiling, add in the eggs. Cook, undisturbed for 6-8 minutes (6 minutes for soft-boiled or 8 minutes for hard-boiled). Remove with a slotted spoon and run under cool water until the eggs are cool to touch. Peel and slice in half.
Add kale into a bowl and drizzle over the remaining olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Massage until tender.
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in half of the olive oil. Once hot, add in the halloumi slices and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Set aside for serving.
Add oats, stock, butter, salt and pepper to a medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes, or until the oats are tender, but still have a little texture. Add additional water if needed to keep the oats quite loose and not gluggy.
Divide the oats between two serving bowls. Stir through the pesto on the top in a swirl. Top with the soft boiled eggs, massaged kale, a wedge of avocado, a sprinkle of the almonds and pumpkin seeds and serve with a lemon wedge.