"Ever wanted to know how to make the perfect Anzac Biscuit?
We asked Australian cook Hayden Quinn to share his greatest tips and tricks on how to make and store the perfect batch.
Here's what he said:
Anzac Biscuit Recipe Tips from UNCLE TOBYS Ambassador, Hayden Quinn
- Ensure you buy good-quality oats to give your Anzac Biscuits the right texture. For me, UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats work perfectly to make a delicious Anzac biscuit.
- There is nothing better than an original. The UNCLE TOBYS Anzac Biscuit recipe is over 100-years old.
- Add a pinch of sea salt flakes before baking to counter the sweetness in the Anzac Biscuit and the flavour of the oats.
- Spray your measuring spoon with a little cooking oil before scooping up the golden syrup to prevent sticking to the spoon.
- If you prefer a chewy Anzac biscuit, bake for 10-12 minutes until only lightly golden on the edges. They will be soft when removing from the oven but firm up once cooled.
- If you prefer a crunchy Anzac biscuit, replace the caster sugar with brown sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes until very golden brown on the edges. Allow to cool and firm up on the baking tray once removed from the oven.
- Brown your butter before adding to the other ingredients to give your biscuits an extra rich nuttiness and caramel flavour.