A delicious way to add protein to your morning!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups Uncle Tobys Plus Protein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters
- 1 2/3 cup whole meal spelt flour
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Uncle Tobys PlusProtein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line muffin tray with paper.
2. Place oil and maple syrup in a bowl and mix (or if your prefer use an electric beater) for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed for 5 minutes.
4. Add the yoghurt and bananas and mix on low speed for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the Uncle Tobys Plus Protein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters, whole meal spelt flour, walnuts, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Fold gently until well combined.
6. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tray. Lightly crush an extra teaspoon of Uncle Tobys Plus Protein – Peach, Sultanas and Oat Clusters cereal and gently sprinkle over the top of the muffin mixture. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
7. Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.