Turmeric Spice Pumpkin Porridge with Poached Pear
The prebiotic fibre in Super Blends Prebiotic Fibre – Turmeric & Coconut helps to nourish the good bacteria in the gut^. Pears, pumpkin and blueberries contain vitamin C to help keep your immune system fighting fit^. Warm spices of turmeric and cinnamon makes it a comforting breakfast option for a chilly morning.
^As part of a healthy varied diet
- 1 x 46g sachet of UNCLE TOBYS Super Blends Prebiotic Fibre – Turmeric & Coconut
- 1 pear, peeled, quartered and cored
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp crushed walnuts, to serve
- ¼ cup (30g) blueberries, to serve
1. To prepare the pear, place water, maple syrup, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan, and stir over a medium-heat and bring to a boil. Add the pear and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes or until pear is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a small microwave-safe dish, cook the pumpkin for 1.5 minutes in the microwave or until tender. Once softened, mash with a fork until it forms a smooth texture. Set aside.
3. Cook the oats as per packet instructions with skim milk. Set aside.
4. To serve, fold porridge mixture through pumpkin puree. Top with the poached pear. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and berries.
Nutrition per serve: 1744 kJ; 11g protein; 10.9g fat (2.3g saturated fat); 59g carbs (36g total sugars); 17.3g fibre; 49mg sodium.