Savoury Quiche Oat Slice
Savoury quiche slice with oats and native mountain pepper, saltbush and basil
- ½ cup (45g) UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
- ½ cup (75g) self raising flour
- ½ cup (80g) wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp ground Oldman Saltbush
- 1 Tbsp ground Mountain Pepper
- 2 tsp ground Native Basil
- 1 ½ cups warrigal greens, blanched and chopped (or 150g frozen spinach, defrosted)
- 1 large (150g) zucchini, grated
- 1 medium (150g) onion, grated
- 1 large (180g) carrot, grated
- 1 medium (200g) red capsicum, diced finely
- ½ cup parsley, chopped roughly
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheese
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) milk of choice
- ½ cup (140g) Greek yoghurt
- 5 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 30cm x 22cm rectangular baking dish.
- Place UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats into a food processor or blender and process until oats have the consistency of grainy flour.
- In a large bowl, place ground oats, self raising flour, wholemeal self raising flour, Oldman Saltbush, Mountain Pepper, Mountain Pepper and Native Basil. Mix until well combined.
- To flour mixture, add warrigal greens, zucchini, onion, carrot, capsicum, parsley and cheese. Mix gently.
- Add milk, yoghurt, eggs and olive oil to flour and vegetable mixture. Mix until combined. Pour into baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden on top and skewer comes out clean.