UNCLE TOBYS Oats x Hayden Quinn: Oat Banana Bread
- 2 1/4 cups (330g) wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (250g) butter
- 1 1/4 cups (280g) coconut sugar*
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large super ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp (30g) Greek or natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup pre-prepared porridge made using UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats, for topping
*Coconut sugar can be found in most health food stores or wholefood markets. It can be substituted easily for brown sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Grease and line with baking paper the inside of a large loaf tin and trim the edges so sit just above the edge of the tin. In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- Melt the butter and place in a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar and whisk till combined. Slowly whisk in the eggs one at a time until completely incorporated then whisk for a further 30 seconds.
- Mash the three bananas together. Add the yoghurt, one tablespoon of milk, mashed banana and leftover porridge to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is well incorporated in the batter. If the batter looks like it is too dry, then add another tablespoon of milk to the batter.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in three equal portions, stirring after each addition. Be sure not to over mix, the batter is ready once the dry mixture is completely incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf tin and top with UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats. Place in the oven for 45 to 50 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean and the loaf is golden brown on top.