Almond and Banana Baked Oats
We collaborated with the lovely @cookingwithayeh to create what could be your favourite new breakfast dish, Almond Banana Baked Oats! We'd love to see your own baked oats creations using #UncleTobysOats.
- 1 Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Melted coconut oil or cooking oil spray
- Handful flaked almonds Garnish
- Fresh sliced banana
- Drizzle of almond butter
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Blend oats in a high-speed blender to create a fine oat flour
- Add the banana, egg, milk, cinnamon, baking powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt into the blender and blend for 10-20 seconds until well combined. It should be a thick runny cake batter-like consistency.
- Grease a small ramekin by brushing melted coconut oil or cooking spray, making sure to coat the bottom and all the sides
- Pour the batter into the ramekin and gently tap it on the kitchen benchtop to flatten the top
- Add the flaked almonds to the top evenly and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and check if its cooked all the way through by sticking a toothpick into the centre. It should come out mostly clean with a few crumbs. If it's still wet, it may need an extra few minutes depending on your oven strength.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes then garnish by adding some sliced bananas, a good drizzle of almond butter and dig in!