X

No Added Nuts

Allergies are common and are increasing in Australia. An allergy occurs when someone’s immune system reacts to a substance that is harmless for most people. These substances are known as allergens. Peanuts and tree nuts can cause allergies in some children. Peanut allergies occur in about 1 in 50 children and 1 in 200 adults.

Packaged foods that contain nuts must state this on the label. You can also look for the statement ‘May contain traces of nuts’ on labels which indicates there’s a possibility that traces of nuts might be present in the food unintentionally, if, for example, the food is prepared on the same equipment as products that contain nuts.

No added nut recipes

Following feedback and concerns from our consumers, especially the parents of non‐allergic children wanting more choices for the lunchbox, all UNCLE TOBYS  Muesli Bars have a no added nut recipe.

Our Museli bars are made on equipment that does not use or handle peanut or tree nuts. Whilst we have taken these nuts out of our recipes we cannot guarantee that the other ingredients in this product have not come into contact with tree nuts or peanuts before they reach our factory.

So if there’s no nuts – why don’t we say it’s nut free?

While we have done everything we reasonably can to reduce the risk for people with nut allergy, we can’t be completely certain that any of our ingredients haven’t been in contact with nuts somewhere in storage or transport before they reach us. For this reason, we don’t say the product is nut free.

I have a nut allergy, can I eat UNCLE TOBYS Muesli Bars?

We can’t be completely certain that any of our ingredients haven’t been in contact with nuts somewhere in storage or transport before they reach us. As the level of sensitivity is different for everyone with a nut allergy, its best if you talk to your health care professional about it before you eat them.

Always remember it is important to READ THE LABEL and look at the ingredient list and related pack information. If you are unsure we also recommend that you speak with your Health Care Professional.