The most well know antioxidants are:
- Vitamin C – found in citrus fruit, berries, kiwifruit, rockmelon, capsicum, broccoli, spinach
- Vitamin E – found in wheat germ, vegetable oils, nuts, margarines, eggs, seeds, whole grains, fish
- Beta-carotene – found in colourful vegetables – green (spinach, silverbeet, parsley, basil) , purple (aubergine), red, orange (carrots, apricots, pumpkin), yellow types (capsicum)
- Selenium – found in nuts esp Brazil, fish, seafood, lean meat, chicken, eggs, mushrooms, garlic and grains.
- Zinc – found in lean meat, chicken, seafood, milk, whole grains, legumes and nuts.