Pear, Raspberry, Maple Syrup & Oats Ancient Grains Muffins
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Skill level: Easy
1 ½ cups (225g) wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
¾ cup Uncle Tobys Oats Ancient Grains, plus 2 tbsp, extra
½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
½ cup (125ml) milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 green pear, cut into 24 slices, brushed with lemon juice
125g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced, line a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin cases.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder together in a bowl, return any husks back to the bowl.
- Add Uncle Tobys Oats Ancient Grains, oil, maple syrup, milk and eggs; mix well and stand for 2 minutes
- Gently fold in raspberries and evenly distribute mixture into cases. Place pear on top of mixture and sprinkle with extra grains. Bake for 25 mins or until springy to touch and lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and stand for 2 minutes before turning out.