“Making breakfast at home is boring. I would rather eat out at a café, where the options are healthy and interesting. And, even if I wanted to replicate my favourite café brekkie at home, I don’t have the time. So I often skip breakfast altogether.”
Today’s young “urban foodies” have sophisticated palates, adventurous taste buds, a desire to eat healthy – and limited time. Now, there’s a new option heading to grocery shelves that has potential to put a home-prepared, nutritious breakfast back on the menu for this tough-to-convince crowd.
Bircher muesli is a perennial café favourite. From a visual standpoint, it looks as good as it tastes, thanks to its plethora of colours and textures. It’s also a comfort food, in all its creamy, refreshingly cool goodness. And there’s no compromising on nutrition, thanks to an infusion of fruits, nuts and seeds, and fibre-rich oats as a base.
Now, O&G Bircher muesli brings the best of this café experience to the home kitchen. Even better: preparation is simple, and done the night before – meaning, less rushing around in the morning.
The buzz about Bircher continues to grow, as more and more people discover the benefits of “overnight oats”. “Search queries [for the phrase] have increased 100-fold since 2012,” notes O&G brand manager Penny Weir, and Bircher muesli “has been increasingly popular in recipe development across fitness and health brands.”
O&G Bircher Muesli will be on shelf in Woolworths and leading independent retailers by the end of September 2016.
- Excellent source of whole grain*
(32g whole grain per 45g serve)
- Source of fibre
(3.6g fibre per 45g serve)
- Low in sodium
- Source of protein
(5.3g protein per 45g serve)
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Scores 4.5 out of 5 stars with the Government HSR System*GLNC Whole Grain Daily Intake 48g per day
As Easy to Prepare As…
- Choose a liquid: milk, juice, coconut water – mix it up to discover new tastes
- Soak Bircher muesli the night before. The nuts, seeds and fruit are already in there – there’s nothing to add.
- Voila: wake up to a café-calibre brekkie that’s delicious, nutritious – and already ready.