Oats are commonly associated with porridge on cold mornings, and often not thought about until next winter. However, oats are a very versatile ingredient and can be enjoyed all year round beyond that of the familiar breakfast cereal.
Traditional oats contain a rich but natural nutty flavour, making it the perfect companion for almost any recipe creation:
• In soups and stews, as a binding agent by absorbing moisture and thickening.
• In cakes and pies, to create a delicious crumble topping by mixing in with other crumble ingredients.
• In biscuits, muffins and breads, to add a nutty taste and texture the bite.
• In many everyday dishes, as a replacement for breadcrumbs or toppings.
• For non-traditional recipes such as protein balls or superfood smoothies, traditional oats always make for a fantastic ingredient.
To keep your Spring & Summer fuelled with good energy here are a few recipes to get you started!